Busch 43129 Metallic Red Borgward Isabella Coupé
The engineer Carl Friedrich W. Borgward, born in 1890, became self-employed in 1921 with the takeover of the Bremer Kühlerfabrik. Three years later, he built his first car, a small three-wheeled truck. In 1931 he took over the Hansa Lloyd Works, in which during the Second World War trucks and armoured vehicles were built. Shortly after the end of the war, in 1949, Borgward introduced the Hansa 1500, the first German passenger car with a pontoon body. With the 1954 Borgward model »Isabella«, designed by the company founder himself, the Bremer Borgward-Werke continued the proven pontoon line consistently. The most beautiful body variant is the 1957 available Isabella Coupe, which was actually not a variant, but a new development and thus a new car. From mid-1958, two visible details were changed compared to the first edition: The Borgward Rombus in the radiator was smaller and the Borgward lettering on the front fenders had "slipped forward". The Isabella Coupe became the crowning glory of the Borgward image, the car myth and the only truly successful attempt to break into the luxury class. A novelty was that Borgward fulfilled all extra wishes, even those who were not on the price list. The bizarre, but official extras included the attached tail fins, or even the electric steel sunroof. With a base price of 10,925 DM at the beginning and later 11,725 DM, the better-off ladies and gentlemen were the target group. A proud price for a rolling luxury with only two full seats, the critics claimed. With just under 10,000 copies produced, the Isabella Coupé is still a coveted collectors item today, which is much rarer than, for example, a Mercedes 190 SL, which has 26,000 copies. For the beautiful Cabriolet you had to pay initially 15,600 DM and later even 17,000 DM - it was probably one of the most successful creations of Carl FW Borgward. This cabriolet was one of the few German automobiles that reflects the zeitgeist and longings of the fifties.The 1:87 scale model, with its 30 individual parts, is one of the most elaborate but also the perfect miniatures, like its 1958 model. The body alone consists of three parts: the lower part with fenders and doors; Top with bonnet and trunk and roof with B and C pillar. The interior with seat part and separate dashboard is divided into two parts. The steering wheel is a color-contrasting plug-in part. The 16 characteristic chrome parts were all realized as attached or inserted items. These include the trim strips on the sides and on the bonnet, the turn signals on the front and rear, the headlights and the two windscreen wipers. The grille, the bumpers and the rims are also chrome-plated items. In addition to the technical finesse is the really special about the model that the style and charm of the original were perfectly implemented and thus each collector was allowed to capture the atmosphere of automotive engineering from the 60s. Just like the big role models, the miniatures are also available in the high-contrast two-colour finishes.