Busch 40007 Benz Patent Motor Car With Bertha Benz
Carl Benz, born on November 25, 1844 in Karlsruhe, was able to set up his own small mechanical workshop in Mannheim from 1872, made possible by his father-in-law. In this “inventors workshop”, an internal combustion engine was first created that could be operated with petroleum (gas mixture) instead of gas. With the help of interested donors, the production of the two-stroke “System Benz” was started in 1881.Already in 1885 the first three-wheel motor car was built, which was operated with a four-stroke internal combustion engine. The number 37435 was then patented by the Imperial Patent Office on January 29, 1886, the gas engine-powered vehicle. Carl Benz in Mannheim, Gottlieb Daimler and Wilhelm Maybach in Cannstatt, implemented their ideas on the drawing board. Prototypes were made in the workshops,that have been constantly tried and improved. Carl Benz paid particular attention to the ignition of his single cylinder. The Benz spark plugs from 1886 corresponded to the standards and materials that were valid until the 1930s.From 1886 to 1894, approximately 25 copies of a further development of the patent motor car were sold at a price of 3,000 marks. Technical dataengine: four-stroke single cylinder, evaporative cooling, inlet slide valve, standing exhaust valve, Benz surface carburettor, lubrication by drip oiler, buzzer ignition. Bore x stroke: 91.4 x 150.0 mm. Displacement 984 cm3 Power: 0.66 kW (0.9 hp) at 400 / min. Power transmission: via leather belts, step pulley, differential and chains. Length / width / height: 2,600 / 1,450 / 1,600 mm Empty weight: 290 kg Maximum speed: 15km / h. With this Busch model, automotive history also begins in 1:87 scale. This filigree miniature edition in a highly detailed version shows the first mechanical form of transportation with remarkable special features:- Wheels with super-fine spokes- Super fine print- Filigree body, over 23 individual parts. The model with Bertha Benz is reminiscent of the trip of Carls wife, who drove from Mannheim to Pforzheim in 1888 without her husbands knowledge. How many times did a stopover in a pharmacy have to be made ??? Because only there you could buy Ligroin (petroleum ether, with which the car was powered - at that time there were only a few liters in pharmacies) to operate the engine.